Are 600cc High Profile Silicone Gels, Going to Fit my Frame?

I am 5'10 and weigh 152lbs. I have never had breast augmentation before, but I am ready to take the plunge! I really do not want to get this done and have to keep going back for revisions, based on bigger and rounder. I would like to get it done correctly the first time! I am looking for some side boob, roundness and fullness. Not HUGE, because I am an active gym goer, but certainly a difference. I realize the ultimate decision is mine. I would just like to hear some experts opinion on this.

+2

At 5'10", you may be able to get 600 cc implants that will fit your chest wall width.  This is very difficult to predict just based upon height and weight.  Most plastic surgeons will caution you about placing such large implants due to tissue thinning and risk of bottoming out among other problems.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I think these will be very large and unless you are looking for a very overdone look I would suggest going with a smaller implant

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

600 cc implants

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say what would be best for you,. Best to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.  Your requests are certainly possible.

+1

Without photos and breast measurements, this cannot be answered in a helpful way. There are a number of findings on examination that may limit the size of implant that would be advisable. 

For example, one common guideline is to use an implant that is not wider than the breast itself. For a 600 cc high profile implant, that would require almost 14 cm width. An extra high profile would still require almost 13 cm. 

Most surgeons would consider 600 cc to be  huge. Larger implants such as these do have a tendency to cause more problems down the road than do implants of a more modest size, therefore more chances of revisions.

Sizing is best discussed in the surgeon's office during a consultation. All the best. 

600 cc implants?

+1

600 cc implants are considered "large implants" with associated additional risks over the lifetime of the implants.  However, at 5'10" and 152 lbs you should be able to have 600 cc implants placed.  The style or shape of the implant will need to take into account your chest and breast dimensions.  You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery), to be evaluated and to discuss your goals and options.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Although online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice, some general thoughts may be helpful to you.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D cup” or "huge" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.