I Had Upper, Lower and Flank Lipo (2/20/13) I'm 5'6 129 Lbs. My Belly Looks Ripply and Wrinkly? (photo)

Hi, I'm a little nervous. I had upper, lower abdominal and flank lipo (tumescent) almost a month ago. I'm an exerciser, in good shape, 5'6 and 129 lbs. I am 45 years old and had 2 babies (small) 15 and 13 years ago (a little history). My belly really wasn't in too bad of shape but we used the fat I had in the abdomen and flanks and outer thighs to do some fat grafting on my face (under eyes, etc..). Im nervous because my belly is wrinkly and a bit distorted looking. It also is tight. advice?

Skin Irregularities After Liposuction

+2

Thank you for the photos.  I can appreciate the irregularities of your skin.  It is still early in your recovery and with use of your properly fitting garment and time should improve.  Your liposuction may have been a bit aggressive just beneath the skin.  Continue to follow up with your PS.

Dr. ES

Irregularities after lipo

+2

It looks like too much fat was removed. I would recommend waiting at least 6 months or more (the longer the better) before you consider doing anything to try to correct it. Going back in too soon can cause even greater problems. You may need some fat grafting to correct the indentations. Best of luck.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Fat removal of abdomen

+2

It looks like the majority of fat was removed from your abdomen. It is too early to tell for sure. Best to give it some more time to heal.

I Had Upper, Lower and Flank Lipo (2/20/13) I'm 5'6 129 Lbs. My Belly Looks Ripply and Wrinkly?

+1

You will likely have a better result with time.  At this early date, these irregularities in a thin person are not unusual.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

"Tight" at almost one month

+1

I suspect from your pictures that you wanted almost no fat left behind. With that being the presumed goal, it will take longer to see the results you are looking for. It is normal for a thin person to have "tightness" and minor skin irregularities at this stage.

I have seen minor irregularities go completely away without doing anything more. You owe it to yourself to be patient. Don't let yourself fall into the trap of repeated unnecessary procedures.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

This issue is being seen more frequently. Either you were a poor candidate or the treating surgeon was too aggressive, or a combination. Treatment to improve is unfortunately VERY difficult. I "try" by offering a series of operations over a year long time frame of SMART LIPO/Thermigen RF combo to the elevated areas and PRP fat grafts to the indentations (BTW I over correct the valleys by 20%). Results are slow to obtain and can not be guaranteed. Sorry for your results. 

Liposuction

+1

The abdomen was completely evaccuated of fat. depending on the time since the surgery, one can try massage, ultrasound, external. If no response you may need a mini-tummy tuck to flatten the wrinkles.