I had a face lift, neck lift, upper and lower bleph, brow lift, fat transfer and canthopexy? (photo)

I feel wonderful, minimal bruising and could really face the world now. My only issue is my eyes still! My left eye feels like it has suntan lotion in it and my right eye doesn't feel great either. Both eyes just feel TIRED and the only time they really feel good is when they are closed! I've used drops, I used ice, I've changed drops- nothing works- is this just an issue of "time" or should I be concerned. This was done 9 days ago. Thanks!

Eye effects after blepharoplasty

+2

It is very common for the eyes to be dry after blepharoplasty because of a diminished blink response due to the swelling. Frequent use of drops during the day and lubricants at night should help. Also, sometimes taping of the lower lid can be of help. Hang in there. It should get much better.

Facelift

+1

It can be normal, but an in-person consultation is needed. You should see your PS or another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.

​Dry eyes after facelift

+1

It is not uncommon to have some eye irritation after undergoing eyelid surgery. Typically the symptoms subside after a few weeks. Meantime, appropriate care of the eyes is quite important. This includes use of lubricating drops and occasional night eye patching. It is important to keep the symptoms from progressing, as it will take longer to recover if the symptoms of dry eyes get worse. Discuss your issue with your plastic surgeon for appropriate care.

Web reference: http://doctorackerman.com/

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Weird feeling in the eyes

+1

Upper and lower blephs can make the eyes feel weird, tired, dry, wet, etc for a while. Talk it over with your surgeon. It can take several weeks to go away. I would just make sure they are not drying out. Lots of saline drops and lacrilube at night can help.

Concern With Eyes After Facial Surgery

+1

Congrats on having facial surgery 9 days ago . You are still in the healing process. It will take several weeks for all the swelling to dissipate. Based on what you said, your eyes could be irritated due to the swelling. You may not be able to close them all the way at this stage of healing. Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible for his recommendation. He may prescribe an eye ointment to use at night. Best wishes!

Eye irritation is normal after blepharoplasty.

+1

This is especially true when you have had both upper and lower eyelid surgery. Because of the swelling, and the disruption of the nerves to the muscles, the blink is often impaired for the first few weeks. When this occurs, you won't blink well, so that the eye can get dry. You may will feel like there is sand in your eyes, or they just may feel tired. Frequent use of artificial tears will help during the day. At night you should put a lubricant ointment or gel into the eyes. I recommend warm compresses over the lids during the day as well. With time this irritation will improve.

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon