Am I Able to Get High Round Breasts with High Profile Implants when Im Starting with Deflated B's?

I have pictures on my profile. I currently have deflated saggy a/b size breasts with extra skin. I am looking at 400 cc high profile gel implants. Will this give me the full high round breast i am after c/d? I'm also having a crescent lift.

Deflation Fixed with Implants

+1

If there is an issue with pure deflation of the breasts, breast implants work extremely well to fill the tissue and skin envelope.  However, if there is droop or ptosis as well as deflation a breast lift may be necessary as well.

Implants and Extra Skin

+1

Many women hope to minimize the scarring on their breasts when planning breast surgery. Having extra or "saggy" skin typically creates a need for a breast lift. An alternative in some cases, especially, when an augmentation is also being planned, is to use a larger or higher profile implant. As always, a thorough examination and consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon is essential in the planning. 

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size Selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Filling out your extra skin is most important

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.

The biggest challenge you and your surgeon will have is your extra skin. A crescent lift will not do much to address the extra skin, nor will it elevate your nipples more than a centimeter or 2. 

Breast implants are best centered directly under the nipple. A high profile implant centered directly under your nipple will not sit very high on your chest. Conversely, a lower profile implant will extend higher up on your chest, but your nipple and breast tissue will hang down off the implant (snoopy nose deformity).

Talk to your surgeon in more detail about what you can expect and which implant is best for you. Also realize there may be a chance you'll need a second procedure to address the extra loose skin and breast tissue.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

High Profile Breast Implants

+1

High profile implants are very popular because they give that extra projection which so many women want. There is a picture of a patient of mine which everyone LOVES in a national magazine. The main difference with high profile is that your nipple is pushed further from your chest from the side view with an implant of the same width. I do not see your photos, but I am not a big fan of the crescent lift. I do not think it provides a very effective or lasting lift. If you need a small lift, the periareolar lift works better. If you need a bit more lift, the vertical (lollipop shaped incision)  lift works better.

Michael Horn, MD