5 Days Post-op BA - Bruising Okay? (photo)

I had my BA on 10/23/12, originally 34A, 5'7" 135lbs, 425cc HP silicone implants. I noticed bruising to outer crease of my left breast 3 days ago. The bruising seems to have gotten slightly worse, area slightly raised compared to right side, left breast riding slightly higher. I am right-handed - not sure if that matters. I have been taking bromelain/quercetin/arnica montana supplements as directed. I have my first follow-up tomorrow, if the hurricane hasn't forced them to be closed.

Bruising postop

+1
Some bruising is acceptable following breast augmentation.  You do not have enough swelling for it to be considered a significant hematoma that must be drained surgically. Good luck. 

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I think everything falls into the normal category unless you are having dramatic swelling and bruising I would not be too concerned over a hematoma 

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Normal post operative bruising

+1

Your degree of bruising is very normal for this period of time.  Most of the time the bruising shows up in the lower outer quadrant.  Time to relax and heal.  

Bruising after augmentation

+1

Your results are really nice for 5 days out.  Your bruising is minimal and from the pics, it seems that they are similar in size and this would indicate that you do NOT have a hematoma.  Just bruising.  This is a common area to get bruising ...down and out position.  Be patient...all of this will settle and absorb.  If you were my patient, I would be very encouraging to you about waiting and watching as they settle.  You have the normal high position of the implants that will change as the weeks go by.  Combine that will the nice high position of your nipples, I bet you will be a wow result.  Talk it all over with your ps so you can be sure that your ps feels comfortable and comforts you on your worries.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Bruising

+1

Your pictures show a pretty normal post operative course of healing. The bruising that you see is really not very significant.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Bruising After Breast Augmentation

+1

Bruising can occur after breast augmentation. Supplements such as arnica can help prevent bruises and make them resolve faster. When you have bruising and swelling, it is best to see your surgeon to assure that you do not have a hematoma.

Michael Horn, MD

Bruising After Breast Augmentation Surgery

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.

Bruising is not uncommon after breast augmentation surgeries. With that perspective, it is important that you do consult with your surgeon to rule out the possibility of a hematoma.

Other than that, I encourage you to follow your surgeon's post-op instructions religiously.

Thank you for your inquiry and I hope this helps.

Good Luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation - bruising

+1

Hi, hang in there!  you will be ok!  most likely this is a little blood from somewhere within the pocket for your implant and it has gravitated to the lowest area.  Follow your instructions per your surgeon, but you will most likely be fine.  Things to look out for include breast enlargment due to active bleeding and significant increased pain.  Best wishes!

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Bruising after augmentation

+1

Some bruising after a breast augmentation is not uncommon.  I encourage you to keep your follow up appointments with your surgeon who can further advise you about your healing process.  Best of luck.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Bruising Okay?

+1

This is nothing to be concerned about. I am sure you will be reassured at your post-operative visit with your surgeon.Best wishes.