I Apparently Have Developed a "Growth" my Doc Says, by my Nose After Revision Rhinoplasty, What Could It Be? (photo)

It's above my left nostril like a bridge -- I am smiling slightly in the pic. Also, he placed ear cartilage to fill a dent that resulted after the revision rhinoplasties, but it looks obvious, and the supra alar crease on the left side is now pronounced--the two sides look so different, so he says he can remove the ear cart. graft and move it to the supra alar crease to fill it back in. But he hasn't said what could be done about the "growth," and didn't address this in the 2nd surgery. Thoughts?

I Apparently Have Developed a "Growth" my Doc Says, by my Nose After Revision Rhinoplasty, What Could It Be?

+1

Not sure what type of "growth" your Rhinoplasty Surgeon is referring to.  Scar tissue does form under the nasal skin following a Rhinoplasty.  In addition, onlay cartilage grafts can shrink, move and become distorted if not sewn or glued in place.  In person evaluation with a copy of the Op Report would help in the evaluation.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/Rhinoplasty.html

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Hard to see in the photos. It is always best to be seen in person to be properly evlautated for your concern.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

To give you a good advise on revision rhinoplasty, one need to review the operative note of the previuous surgery and a good physical examination then one can make a diagnosis and a plan for treatment

Growth after Rhinoplasty

+1

The picture provides some information, but revision rhinoplasty advice is better given after internal and external exam and examination of the operative note of the previouds surgeries.