I'm Getting Married Five Weeks After my Scheduled TT. Is This a Major Mistake? Will Intimacy Be Difficult? (photo)

I'm Getting Married Five Weeks After my Scheduled TT. Is This a Major Mistake? Will Intimacy Be Difficult? 5'7" tall 130 lbs age 37

Timing for a Tummy Tuck

+2

I think you should give it at least 3 months. You will be much happier. You will not be back to full activity at 5 weeks.

Timing and tummy tuck

+2

You are certainly cutting it close.It appears you need major muscle plication which requires no heavy lifting for about two months.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Getting married 5 weeks after tummy tuck?

+1
A tummy tuck is a big operation, so it takes a long time to heal. You can expect to be swollen for at least 8 weeks after surgery. A wedding is a very BIG event, maybe the biggest in your life, so it can be stressful. So why add the additional stress of having a big operation a month before your wedding?

I would give yourself at least 3 months after a tummy tuck before having a big event like a wedding. You'll be glad you did!

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

Dr Knoetgen

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Recovery time for intimate relations after tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph. As others have stated 5 weeks after he tummy Tuck is too soon to expect to feel normal about intimate relations after a tummy tuck.I would suggest waiting until after your marriage before having surgery or delaying her wedding to 3 months

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck and Healing before marriage

+1

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. You may wish to delay your surgery until after your wedding so you do not have the stress and complexities of a wedding on top of the stress of surgery.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Before Wedding

+1

In short, you would be best to postpone the tummy tuck until you have more recovery time available.  Although it is possible for you to be recovered enough by 5 weeks, it is unlikely that this will be the case.  Should you have any healing setbacks following surgery, it would be a shame for it to affect you wedding or honeymoon.  Best wishes.

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

I would wait

+1

you are certainly cutting it close. i would recommend at least 2 months before someone getting married has a TT. you certainly may be fine but problems, even minor ones, can always occur. if you have already done it, i would just relax and hope for the best.

good luck with your wedding. that is far more dangerous than a TT:)

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Marriage-Timing?

+1

Dear Gettingmarried7,

First, congratulations on your pending marriage.  All of the doctors on RealSelf wish you a wonderful day and many years of happiness.  That being said, your plans for having a tummy tuck five weeks before your big day is truly cutting it close.  Even without any complications, you will be limited on some activities.  Of course, a complication may even force you to postpone your wedding day.

I would recommend rescheduling your surgery until sometime after your wedding just to be on the safe side.

Again, here's to a wonderful and happy life together.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

I would hold off on the surgery if you are planning a major holiday.

+1

Thank you for the question.  I think that you may not be fully recovered if you are planning a holiday and lots of activities at five weeks post op.  If you are having a small wedding and not travelling immediately after and you can limit some of the activities until 6 weeks post op than you should be OK.  Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Scott Barr, MD
Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

I'm Getting Married Five Weeks After my Scheduled TT. Is This a Major Mistake? Will Intimacy Be Difficult?

+1

From the posted photo a the severe time limitations I would delay the surgery but not the marriage. Best of luck and much happiness.