Getting Married Sept 3 2011, Will I Be Ok by then if I Have a Breast Lift and Augmentations on June 23 2011?

getting married Sept 3 2011 I am nervious that I will not be recovered for my wedding and honeymoon and will still have soreness and discomfort. I dont want to do anything to effect my wedding fun.Also I have no kids but we plan on it in 1-2 years. If i am already prone to ptosis, even if I get and augmentation done with a lift and I just prone to ptosis again after we are done having kids. I just dont want to wait 8 yrs before I get my breast done, I am too young to have saggy boobs.

Surgery and wedding

+1

In general by 10 weeks you should be well healed and ready for surgery.  There are cases where recovery will be slower and complications could occur but this is very rare. I would tell my patients that they should be recuperated and doing very well by the wedding.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation mastopexy recovery.

+1

In all likelihood, 3 months is plenty of time for recovery from an augmentation mastopexy if you have no complications from the surgery. That being said, there is a higher risk of issues from wound healing with this procedure. This risk is directly related to the amount of lift needed, size of the implant placed, and the degree of surgery to be performed. By 3 months, an uncomplicated augmentation mastopexy patient typically has no discomfort, minimal swelling, and no restrictions on activity. As to question of needing a revision following pregnancy - please note that augmentation mastopexy has the highest revision rate of any cosmetic breast operation regardless of future pregnancy. The breast changes with pregnancy and breast feeding can lead to future ptosis and may lead you to seek a revision surgery.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Implant a mastopexy prior to your wedding?

+1

There is no question after three months, all incisionsshould be healed and the result should be fine and  "ready to go" for your big event. However, the real question is whether or not you should have this operation at this stage of your life. You indicated that you plan to have children anywhere 1 to 3 years after marriage. If a patient came to me and gave that in her history I would encourage her to wait until after she has completed having  children before undergoing surgery that obviously will need to be corrected after childbirth. It would be different, if you noted that you were going to wait several years before having children. After 30 years of practice, my advice is simple: wait.

John E. Sherman, MD

Enough time for breast lift and breast implants

+1
One can never plan on the length of time needed to correct complications. If, for instance, you were unhappy and wanted a revision, then you would not want to rush the revision just to get you healed before the event. Nevertheless, there is never a perfect time, and 3 months is as reasonable of a window as you could ask for. I would advise you to go ahead.

Neal Goldberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Safe Time Period Between Breast Augmentation/Lift And Wedding

+1

One of the very common questions patients have is...how much time between my surgery and a big event such as a wedding, vacation, etc. You must factor in not only time for recovery but also the chance of any complications and their management which no patient ever assumes will happen to them. My general rule is to suggest 3 months between the surgery and the desired event. This is a good safe window which may not always be needed but allows for the possibility of any postoperative problems as well. For braest augmentation with a lift, the time window that you are allowing should be just fine.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Breast implants, breast lift

+1
This should be enough time to have you well healed and enjoy both the wedding and honeymoon. However, there is always the possibility of a complication and that is something you must consider. In addition, it is like tryst you would need to have some additional surgery after you have children.

David L. Abramson, MD

Planning a breast augmentation before wedding

+1

It seems that your timing should be just right. If everything goes well you should look great and be ready to do whatever you want by the time your wedding comes along. Normally it takes 2-3 months for the swelling to resolve and the implants to settle into their positions. As for a possible need for a future lift... as long as you don't go too big, the implants really should impact the possibility. If you need a breast lift after having children, you can do that with or without implants in place.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Concerns about breast augmentation and lift 9+ weeks before wedding

+1

In virtually all situations, the 9+ weeks following your breast augmentation and breast lift should be adequate for healing so that you can enjoy your wedding and honeymoon without restrictions. (I have had many patients who had similar concerns like yours,had the surgery and got married without needing to reschedule or limit activities.)

Of course, there is always Murphy's Law! (If you avoid going very large, your risks should also be lower.)

Make sure that you also plan for wedding gown alterations/appropriate size!

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

If I get an augmentation mastopexy by june 23 would I be ready for my wedding in september?

+1

If there is no complications you should be ready. It only takes 6 weeks to heal from that kind of surgery.

After having kids you might need a touch up lifting. 

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and lift

+1

While in theory you should be fully recovered from an augmentation and lift within 4-6 weeks and I personally frequently perform them simultaneously, the devil is in the details. Not all augmentations and lifts are the same. In addition, the combination can produce more complications than if done separately. Only your surgeon can advise you as to the risks and recovery of your surgery. In general, the more incisions you use for the lift and the larger the implant you try to use, the higher the complications, especially when combined.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD