Getting married 9 months after TT... Bad idea?

I'm super worried about swelling after 9 months. I get so many mixed answers from others. I realize it's individualized but what is your take? I've waited a long time to get ,married and just want to feel beautiful and confident/comfortable... Surgery is next week and I'm getting worried that I won't have enough time to heal before my wedding!

Tummy tuck recovery

+1

Nine months is definitely enough time to recover from a tummy tuck assuming you are an appropriate candidate for the procedure. The other thing to consider is whether you plan to have children in your new marriage. If so, you might want to hold off on the tummy tuck until you are done with childbearing. Congratulations!

Getting married 9 months after TT... Bad idea? Should be OK

+1

It is difficult to answer because there are so many variables in surgery such as a tummy tuck. For full abdominoplasty surgery, I usually tell my patients that they should be 100% by 3 months. This is not a absolute, since many things can happen, but the probabilities certainly would be with you at 9 months

Dr. Seare

William J. Seare, MD
Carlsbad Plastic Surgeon

Impossible to answer but do not worry

+1

There are no guarantees in life but I would be shocked if you would not be fine 9 months after a tummy tuck. Congrats.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Marrage and a tummy tuck

+1

Go for it. You should have no residual swelling or alterations in your activities by 9 months after the surgery and the scar should be pretty well mature and well.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding...

James Bruno, DMD, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Healing After Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck

+1

Six weeks for early healing and a few months to allow swelling to go down should be adequate.

+1

I think that sounds like a reasonable amount of time for recovery. The scar may get better after 9 months, but you should be healed in 6 weeks or so.

TT and swelling

+1

Hi. Congratulations on getting married. I believe you should have no concerns about looking good and having no swelling prior to your wedding. Good luck

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

9 months should be fine`

+1

The immediate recovery time for a tummy tuck is 2 weeks. will take a few months for the rest to heal. You definately have the time.

Go to a real Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Good luck,

Andrew Cohen, M.D.

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

Getting married 9 months after TT

+1

9 months should give you plenty of time to heal. Although there may still be a small amount of swelling, the chances that your appearance will not be improved from pre-op is negligible (though I write this without seeing photos!).

All the best for both endeavors.