Mark Left on Face After Fraxel Restore?

What is the width of the roller on a Fraxel restore laser in mm's? I have this laser mark on my face that is a square slightly raised patch of skin. If I knew the width of the roller, I could tell for sure if it was the laser or just a fluke.

I don't know if this will go away or remain part of my face. There is still some swelling in the area and may subside later.

P.S. it developed around an oil gland and looks like it planted or posted other smaller oil glands at the four corners of the square patch. (pretty strange)

Fraxel re:store scar

+1

It is very unusual/rare to get a scar from the tip. The roller tip is literally rolled on the skin with almost no pressure. It is just a guide for the laser to fire. It does not leave a mark of any kind on my patients. What you might be experiencing is the laser treatment itself and maybe an uneven treatment. If this is within a couple of days after the procedure, don't worry, it will go away. But, if you have any concerns, I am sure that the Fraxel provider you chose will take a look at it for you. Good luck.

Fraxel re:store Treatment Tip Width

+1

Hi FF in Hou,

The width of the re:store roller is 12 mm, while the aperature of the tip is 14 mm.

It sounds like you were recently treated.  Give it some time and discuss your concerns with your treating physician.  It should resolve soon.

Be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD