Marionette Lines Are Not Gone 4 Days After Radiesse

Hi...4days after Radiesse. Cheeks still swollen and marionette lines have not gone away... is this common and will they disappear? Thx!

Marionette lines persist after Radiesse

+1

Certainly, it is too soon to tell the final results of your treatment.  But I always counsel my patients that I cannot erase lines or make them disappear.  I can use a filler, any filler, to add facial volume and to fill in deep lines so that they are not as deep as they were before treatment.  I hope that this helps!

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Radiesse for Marionette Lines

+1

Being that the question was posed only four days after your treatment, much will most likely change over the next several days.

Our patients are invited to return in two weeks for a complementary check up to make certain that mutually shared treatment goals were reached, realistic expectations reaffirmed, and any questions or concerns addressed.

If you are not satisfied at the 2 week mark when all swelling should be resolved and the full potential of the treatment should be reached, we would encourage you to address this with your practitioner.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Radiesse is not ideal for use around the mouth

+1

Radiesse is not the best filler to use around the mouth - softer fillers (such as Juvederm or Restylane) generally will produce better results.  If you have not seen the effects of your treatment, you likely just need more volume.  Results should be instant - and if anything, more pronounced in the first few days due to swelling.  

Sam Naficy, MD

4 Days Post Radiesse Injections....

+1

This is hard to answer without seeing you and without knowing how much volume was used.  Typically swelling lasts on average 1 week.  Have patience.  You should follow up with your provider in 2 to 3 weeks, there you can review your options and expectations again with him or her.  Optimally, we all want you to be happy with your end result.  It is not uncommon to need another syringe or 2 after your initial treatment. 

Good luck.  Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens      

Grant Stevens, MD