Permanent Solution for Marionette Lines, Drooping Cheeks and Jawline?

I'm 35 and am interested in addressing my mid/lower cheek and jawline/mouth areas for droopiness. I've had a downturned mouth with slight marionette lines my whole life. Now that I'm older, I now have deep under eye hollows and more sagging in the mid-face cheek/jawline areas.

I like the results I see from the liquid face lift photos, but are there any other procedures that would be a more permanent solution such as a mini-lift or cheek lift?

Marionette lines

+4

You said you had these lines for sometime now, which means they are hereditary.

If you want a LONG TERM solution then consider a face lift even though you are only 35 years. The results now will be better than waiting 10 years when the lines are so deep that it becomes very difficult to repair.

Solution for mationette lines, drooping cheeks and jawline.

+2

The mini lift or cheek lift could work but has to be designed for your specific anatomy based on your surgeon's evaluation in conjunction with your own desires. Surgery is a more long-lasting solution, but in many of my patients in your age group of 30-35, the preference tends to be for liquid face lifts or the use of Botox and fillers rather than surgery. Some facial types age more quickly. A consultation with a reputable surgeon could give you better insight into making the decision that's best for you.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Permanent solution for jowls and marionette lines.

+2

Surgery is the longest lasting result, but you continue to age over the next 40 years. It will give the best result but is also the most costly. Fillers are cheaper and can give you up to 18 months improvement. See an experienced facelift surgeon that is not trying to sell you one treatment and get the advantages and disadvantages of ech.

Long Lasting Solution for deep under eye hollows, sagging mid-face cheek/jawline areas

+2

Vertical Mid Face Lift.  The procedure will lift the sagging cheek and in the process correct jowling, smooth the nose to corner of mouth (Nasolabial) folds, fill the cheeks and cover the tear trough lines. It will last many years and can be combined with other procedures as well.

Dr. P. Aldea

Jaw and mouth area problems

+1

You brought up two key statements than make the answer to this question very easy. First you say there are jawline and mouth problems. Second you said there is sagging in the mid-face. By definition the answer is surgery....certainly if you want a result that will last 5-10 years and look natural. In my opinion, and It is based on thirty years of experience and 4000 face surgeries is that you need a personally tailored pre-auricular facelift that will address all these concerns and do it with a natural look and a result that will last years. I do all this surgery safely, easily and totally comfortably in the office operating room with oral sedation and local anesthesia that provides for the safest experience along with reasonable costs and easy recovery. There is also no compromise to the quality of surgery or result by this approach. .

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift vs fat graft

+1

It is not easy to give you an educated answer without all the facts. That is important. If it is just a volume issue then fat grafting can be done and there is no scars or incisions. You could also consider a facelift, but a physical exam is best to decide. My best advice is to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who will truly access your issues and give you an honest opinion vs the opinion you want to hear.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Permanent solution for Marionette Lines

+1

it is rarely appropriate to use the word "permanent" when discussing the world of cosmetic surgery.  This is especially true because no matter what you do or don't do, time marches on and gravitational forces continue to be out play.  Nonetheless, you will have far greater LONG TERM results with surgery than with fillers for the Marionette Lines.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

When to lift and when to fill

+1

The areas of concern would be addressed with two different procedures.  A mid facelift for the cheek sagging and hollowness around the eyes and a regular facelift for the neck, jowls, marionette lines and descending lateral lip.  At 35 it is very young for a facelift and I would recommend trying to temporize the problem with facial fillers, botox, and/or chemical/laser peels.  You can only get a limited number of facelifts in your life before things just start to look strange.  Just ask Joan Rivers.  

Chad K. Wheeler, MD
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Fillers vs facelift

+1

At 35, you would generally be a bit young for surgery and your genetics may be showing you that aging will be more challenging for you than for others. It sounds like you need volume, so fillers will be critical forever in your life. Surgery will help, but won't ever eliminate your need for fillers.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Permanent solution for marionette lines, drooping cheeks and jawline?

+1

Hi Noreaster,

At only 35 years old, it sounds as if you have lost quite a bit of facial volume already. Certainly, a surgical procedure would be the most permanent and lasting measure to address some of your concerns.

If you like the appearance of "liquid facelifts", fat transfer is the most permanent of filling agents. Sculptra is a collagen stimulator. Many patients treated with a series of Sculptra injections to "complete correction" have lasting results for 2 to 3 years, in some "lucky" patients the results may even be permanent.

Stay out of that nasty Noreaster weather. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD