Circular Belt Lipectomy Candidate? 170lbs/5'4. (photo)

Body Lift?

+2

You may just be a candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction of your waist.  A body lift is a more involved procedure.  A lower body lift is also referred to as  circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy.  This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift.  The buttock lift can also include buttock augmentation.  The lateral thigh lift will help contour the lateral aspect of your thighs.  The procedure can taken between 5-7 hours depending on the amount of tissue/skin that needs removal/treatment.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Bodylift, Abdominoplasty , Tummy Tuck , Liposuction , Dr. Adibfar, Plastic Surgeon Toronto

+1

Hello;

Judging by your limited photos (assuming that you have reached your optimum weight)  it seems that you have good enough skin on your upper and lower back and flanks that should respond well to liposuction. This can be combined with high lateral tension abdominoplasty in the front .

Therefore doing a circumferential bodylift maybe a little to aggressive for you.

Thank you

Ali Adibfar, MD, DDS

Important to Pick the Right Body Contouring Procedure

+1

As long as your weight is stable and you are not planning on losing substantially more weight you would be a candidate for body contouring surgery. However I would NOT recommend a belt lipectomy. In my experience skin of color especially on the back has great elasticity and all you would need would be liposuction. On the other hand in the front I would recommend a tummy tuck and liposuction.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Tummy contouring options

+1

Based on your photos, its difficult to evaluate your flanks, waist and back area.  You asked about a lower body lift.  Most plastic surgeons refer to a body lift as a circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy.  This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift (with the option of buttock augmentation).  However, based on your photos, you may not need a lower body lift.  Perhaps a tummy tuck with liposuctioning of your waists and posterior flanks could achieve your goals.  A physical exam would be needed to make any recommendations.  Please visit with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Belt lipectomy or tummy tuck?

+1

Based on your photos I would rec a tummy tuck and possibly consider liposuction for your low back. The best way to know for sure is to do an exam. Pl see a plastic surgeon.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Circumferential Body Lift or Not?

+1

Based upon your photos, it appears that you would benefit from an abdominoplasty, but a belt lipectomy probably wouldn't add much of an advantage to your overall contour.

Definitely meet with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in depth evaluation to find out more about body contouring procedures.

Thanks for sharing your photos!

Joshua Cooper, MD, FACS

Belt lipectomy por tummy tuck

+1

Solely based upon your photos and not performing an exam, you  may just need a full tummy tuck.  If you have alot of redundancy of the back, then a circumferential procedure may be good.

Circular Belt Lipectomy Versus Tummy Tuck

+1

Dear ChocDrop78,  Based on your photos, you appear to be a very good candidate for a combination procedure with both a tummy tuck and liposuction of the abdomen and flanks(Love Handles). This combination will address the fullness in the abdomen and also remove the excess fatty tissues in your hips and waist.  You appear to have good skin quality so there is no need to extend the incision around to the back to remove the excess.  Avoid sites with inflated or false credentials.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is your starting point to learn what options are best for you and achieving the results you desire.   Hope this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Circumferential lower bodt lift

+1

I do not think you will need a circumferential lower body lift. The surgery should be tailored to what are your goals, what body image you want. As a plastic surgeon I can design lots of surgeries for you, but due you need all that? no. Do what bothers you.

Circular belt candidate?

+1

Hello and thanks for your post. The operation that is ultimately recommended for you will most likely be based on your goals. I did not see any information about your goals so any suggestions here will be limited. You would have nice outcomes from several operations including a circular belt or tummy tuck. In your photos I don't see a great deal that would lead me to recommend circular belt surgery, but in reality such a recommendation can only be made after a thorough consultation. A tummy tuck would be treat to excess skin and fat in the front. Many patients with your anatomy also consider fat injections to "round out" the buttock which is a little flat on the photos. Seek a consult with an experienced and board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD