What is This Swelling on my Nose? (photo)

Have this lump on the side of the bridge of my nose. I had rhinoplasty almost 10 years ago. I have seen this growth in the past month and has gotten larger and is now causing slight discomfort. 

Swelling 10 years after rhinoplasty

+1

The issue you describe is not likely related to your surgery that took place 10 years ago. I would recommend having the lump you describe evaluated by a board certified specialist to determine its cause and how it may be treated. Thank you, and I hope this helps. 

Nasal Swelling 19 Years after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is extremely unlikely that nasal swelling which begins 10 years after a rhinoplasty is related to that operation. I suggest you see your surgeon or an ENT specialist for evaluation.

Recent onset of nasal mass 10 years following rhinoplasty.

+1

A nasal mass that develops 10 yrs out following rhinoplasty is likely not related to the nasal surgery.  A physical exam and possibly a biopsy is indicated to determine if it is a cyst, infection or tumor.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Change in nose appearance 10 years after a rhinoplasty is unusual

+1

It is really not possible to answer this question without a photograph or examination.  It seems unlikely that it would be related to a rhinoplasty 10 years ago.  You may be developing a cyst, infection or even a skin cancer.  You should have this evaluated if it does not clear up on its own.  

Rhinoplasty 10 years post op with bump on side of bridge.

+1

Rhinoplasty 10 years post op with bump on side of bridge and there is no photo posted. Even if there were I would have to see you to give you a proper answer. 

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.