Silicone lip injection

I had medical silicone lip injections by a plastic surgeon here in the US in my upper lip 22 years ago. My upper and lower lip look the same size now. Is it possible the silicone is still in my upper lip. Thank you.

Siicone lip injections

+1
Dear kiwi6,

• Silicone is a permanent filler and it is still there
  • The more likely explanation is that the lips have lost volume over the years and that is why they start looking the same

Nima Shemirani

Silicone lip injection

+1
Absolutely the silicone is there. It is permanent, which means it will be there forever. It is illegal in some states now to perform silicone lip injections, but you can have it removed surgical, usually in a multi-step surgical process. I've fixed a lot of silicone lip injections over the years. 

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD