Why Am I Having So Much Pain/swelling at Night?

I had my TT exactly 7 days ago. When my drains were removed on Wed., I was outfitted with a binder that is causing me so much pain. I'm currently swollen to 31" squeezed into a 28" binder. I hurt! This thing is killing me! Every night at about 1 am I wake up and have to pull this thing off me b/c my stomach is so hot and swollen. I put on running shorts and a tight 1 piece bathing suit because I don't have anything else at the moment. Why am I waking up at again at 4am with the most discomfort?

Surgical Garment Discomfort

I agree that your garment may be too tight. Follow up with your surgeon and I'm sure they will give you a new garment. I recommend to my patients Spanx or something along those lines. They tend to be more comfortable and easier for patients. 

Pain after Tummy Tuck

Your garment may be too tight. I recommend following up with your plastic surgeon for further instructions and to make sure there aren't any other complications.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Excessive swelling after abdominoplasty might be related to a deep fluid collection.

There can be a great deal of normal swelling a week after in abdominoplasty. However one thing that needs to be ruled out is a collection of serum or blood deep to the abdominoplasty flap. This is a task for your plastic surgeon.

WHY?? Please call and discuss this issue with your chosen surgeon. Very hard to respond without examine you.