Am I a good candidate for liposuction or similar procedures? (photos)

I'm a 31 y.o and work out hard four to five times per week with a personal trainer. I follow a meal plan given by him and have gained muscle and lost body fat but no matter how hard I try, I cannot lose excess fat in the pec, flanks and stomach area. I feel that I am at a dead end with my training and was wondering if liposuction would improve my look into a leaner more cut appearance...

Stubborn fat

+2
Thanks for your question. Looking at your pictures, it appears you would be an excellent candidate for liposuction. You have done the hard work with diet and exercise and liposuction could complete the look you are trying to achieve. I suggest an appointment with a PS to evaluate you in person. Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure but a contouring procedure to get rid of stubborn fatty areas left after diet and exercise. Congrats on all your hard work and achievement!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction in fat loss resistant areas

+2
Thank you for your liposuction question.
  • Well done for your fitness. Good job.
  • Your photos suggest that your are an excellent candidate for liposuction of the areas that will not lose weight enough to give you the shape you want
  • This is exactly where liposuction works best - changing contour.
  • On the pec area, be sure your surgeon is extremely cautious as aggressively liposuction in the pec area can cause permanent rippling and irregularity in an area typically exposed in swim wear.
  • The same is true to a lesser extent in the lower abdomen. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Liposuction is great for the stubborn areas of resistant fat

+2
Looks like you have worked hard to achieve improvements in your shape. Liposuction can be an excellent solution for stubborn areas of fat that prove resistant to diet and exercise. We all have difficult areas and a consultation with an experienced Plastic Surgeon is the best way to determine if surgery is a good option. It would appear that you have some degree of gynecomastia affecting the shape of your chest. Liposuction may be most helpful for you in this area. Some non-surgical methods of locally reducing subcutaneous fat may also help if you are not interested in surgery. Once again, the best place to start is by getting accurate information from qualified Specialist physicians. You have some excellent Plastic Surgeons in Winnipeg! Consider contacting Dr. Anthony Lockwood or Dr. Ken Murray.

Regards,

Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for liposuction?

+2
Please consult with a plastic surgeon, as a history and physical examination are required to get specific recommendations.

Liposuction is generally a sculpting procedure.  In patients with fat deposits that are resistant to diet and exercise liposuction can be an excellent solution.  It appears that you have a few small areas of such resistant fat deposits.

Timothy Connall, MD

Good candidate for liposuction of the waist and chest.

+1
I think you'd get an excellent result from liposuction of the abdomen and waist in pectoralis area. The fat is not excessive and the skin is in good condition.

Am I a good candidate for liposuction or similar procedures?

+1
As a bodybuilder, I can appreciate the value of diet and exercise.  As a plastic surgeon, I think that liposuction can take you to the next level.

+1
Hi. I feel that you would benefit from liposculpture of the flanks, abdomen and chest area. You have a mild case of gynecomastia and I would therefore suggest that direct gland excision be performed. Good luck

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD