Is it possible to stretch the alarplasty incision site as it is in the recovery stage?

I was told I shouldn't laugh for a few weeks, but I honestly couldn't help it... I'm concerned tho because I think my laughing has caused the incision site of my right nostril to stretch... OR is this normal... It didn't look like this before. I'm worried that it'll look this way forever. It recently started to look like that about a few days ago.

+1

The scar can widen during healing, but this does not usually happen.

Alarplasty stretch

+1

it makes me laugh that you were told not to laugh. I agree with you it would be hard to not laugh.

It is possible to stretch the incision, but the more likely culprit would be putting something into your nose like a instrument or finger, etc.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon