Manhattan Smart Lipo Doctor Recommendations

If you know any professional/good doctor of Smart Lipo in Manhattan please recommend them. I'm looking to have a consulation.

Whywould you even want Smart Lipo?

+2

Your question doesn't make sense. Smart Lipo is just one way to do liposuction and no advantage to it other than being good marketing for the surgeon has been shown.

By only wanting a consultating with a SmartLipo doctor, you are shutting yourself off to many great - probably actually some of the greatest liposuction surgeons in Manhattan.

Would you go to a restaurant just because the chef there uses a particular kind of a saucepan? SmartLipo is but one way to lipsuction; no advantage to it has been shown; there are unequivocal advantages to other procedures that smartlipo does not possess; and SmartLipo has specific disadvantages and risks that you don't get with other procedures.

There are so many excellent ASAPS members in Manhattan! You are very lucky to have many great choices.

Smart lipo in Manhattan

+1

Smart lipo is just one modality to perform liposuction. While I do not perform Smartlipo, I have not been overly impressed with its purported attributes and claims. I perform traditional tumescent liposuction, power assisted liposuction, and vaser liposuction. Quite frankly, I can get excellent results with each technique. It is not so much the "wand" but the magician waving it that gets the magical results.

SmartLipo vs Traditional Liposuction

+1

SmartLipo is not a gimmick or just a marketing tool! It does have it's role in the armamentarium of the plastic surgeon. Visit a board certified plastic surgeon who does a lot of body contouring - surgical, traditional lipo, tumescent, and laser assisted lipo, He/she can then address what would be the best form of treatment based on your anatomical presentation (i.e. the amount of fat and bulging and body proportions, skin laxity, etc). I have performed all forms of body contouring and have found a very definite role for laser assisted liposculpture (SmartLipo, ProLipo,Cool Lipo, etc). Laser forms of treatment are not for larger volume liposuction but definitely can be done for smaller contouring problems and I believe with less discomfort, less post operative discomfort and bruising, and a slightly faster recovery time. A good plastic surgeon however can get the same results regardless of the "tools" that he/she uses , so do not be afraid to ask questions about a surgeon's experience, types of body contouring he has done, what techniques, and ask to see before and after photos and maybe even talk with a patient or two that has had a similar procedure.

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon