Can an Umbilicoplasty Make my Bellybutton Smoother, Deeper, and More Natural Looking? (photo)

5 months ago I had an abdominoplasty with an umbilical float (full repair of diastasis from pubic bone to sternum). I look much better in clothes and I am very happy about that, however I am dissatisfied with my bellybutton. There is an indentation above my bellybutton that looks quite odd (especially in harsh light, such as in sunshine while wearing a bikini). My bellybutton appears flat and doesn't pull inward. Can these issues be improved upon and, if so, how? Thank you!

Umbillicoplasty

+1

The issue is that you will need an incision and you cannot garantee you wil like the way you heal that incision. Fat grafting is an alternative. I would wait before making a decision to have surgery. Best Wishes.

Umbilicoplasty?

+1

The indentation can be improved with fat grafting. 

As far as the navel itself, an umbilicoplasty can remove some of the excess skin, but there will be a scar, and I am nor sure that this would be an improvement. Look at a lot of standard tummy tuck post op photos in your surgeons office to get an idea of an average navel scar after TT, and then decide whether or not you want to proceed.

Thank you for your question, best wishes. 

Improving umbilical appearance

+1

You can improve the appearance of the umbilicus with umbilicoplasty but it will give you a scar around the rim of the umbilicus. Based on your concern, fat transfer may be a better option to correct the indentation just above the umbilicus. I would wait until at least 6 months from your original surgery. 

Best Wishes,

Improving Dent Above Belly Button

+1

The dent above the belly button can be improved with fat grafting to the area. This may be performed in about 15 minutes.  Good luck.

Questions about umbilical shape after an umbilical float procedure

+1

You did have some improvement following your umbilical float procedure.  You do not have much of a fat layer and further revisions are likely to make things worse.  

Umbilicoplasty rarely needed after tummy tuck.

+1

Hi.

You look quite good and it may be best to leave well enough alone.  The problem is that you had a lot of extra skin in your belly button, and now it is all bunched up.

Umbilicoplasty after tummy tuck

+1

Vanessa,

Umbilicoplasty can be performed after abdominoplasty surgery to improve the appearance of the belly button.  The problem is that for you it would cause externally visible scars, which is probably what you were trying to avoid with the float procedure to begin with.  The indentation above your umbilicus is probably the area where your belly button stalk was originally located.  This can be filled in with fat injections and if done circumferentially might even give more an "inward pull" appearance to your belly button.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.francisnyplasticsurgery.com/abdominoplasty.asp