I'm Concerned a TT Will Result in Weight Lost & I Lose my Butt? (photo)

I'm getting a tummy tuck my only concern is I notice people lose a few pounds after . I'm 5'7.5 and 162 pounds if I skip 3 meals I lose weight very easily & its ALWAYS my butt that goes first . So I'm thinking about during the TT surgery having a BBL as well ( why waste the fat) my poor but is going to need it after the TT if I lose any weight what do you think ? Is it common for a lady to lose her butt after a TT I like mines & I want to keep it , just want the belly gone What's your opinion ?

I'm Concerned a TT Will Result in Weight Lost & I Lose my Butt

+1

The abdominoplasty procedure has nothing to do with your buttocks.  Some people do lose weight after a tummy tuck but this usually due to an increased feeling of joy and exercising more than prior to surgery.

Tummy tuck does not make you lose volume in the butt.

+1

A tummy tuck will have no effect on your buttocks.  So, no, you don't need to have a Brazilian butt lift as a precaution.  Your buttocks look very full as it is.  Also, a tummy tuck does not produce fat for fat injection.  This comes from liposuction.  Are you having liposuction too?  In most patients I recommend buttock fat injection simultaneous with liposuction, but in your case, seeing your photos, I don't think you need it.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

I'm Concerned a TT Will Result in Weight Lost & I Lose my Butt?

+1

No it is NOT common to lose your buttock dimensions after a TT. In fact the buttock looks larger in most cases. 

Butt Loss after Tummy Tuck

+1

Obviously there is some weight loss that is a direct result from a tummy tuck because extra skin and fat are removed.  If you do not want to lose weight and you do not diet or exercise after, you will not "accidentally" lose weight anywhere else.  I have not seen patients complain of smaller butts after tummy tuck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Tummy Tuck and Weight Loss and Butt Loss Concerns

+1

There is some evidence to suggest that patients after tummy tuck do lose weight.  However, this is probably due to motivational issues, and it is too early to tell if there are physiologic issues at play.   You could consider a small Brazilian buttlift if this is a concern for you.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA   

+1

I can't say I have observed this problem in several decades of a largely body contouring practice. There will be some loss of weight from what has been removed surgically, but most patients over a few months will equilibrate at their pre-op weight unless there has been some change in diet and exercise pattern. 

I would have no problem with grafting the fat from your excess abdominal skin into the buttocks, provided you are prepared to be larger than you are now.  Thanks for your question, all the best.