I'm a 20 year old male with a wide bulbous tip & nostrils. Will my bridge need to be reduced to accommodate my nose? (photos)

I'm a 20 year old male with a young looking face. It's too wide in the lower 1/3 and the tip is too bulbous and undefined. I want more of a narrower "triangle nose". The nostrils seem to be too wide as well. I'm nervous to get my nostrils reduced with an alarplasty because I don't want their shape to look "fake" or to have visibly noticeable scars. I'm pretty happy with the nose bridge and the profile views. Do you think my bridge will need to be reduced to accommodate my nose?

Wide bulbous tip

Thank you for your inquiry!

Based on your photos and the description above, it looks that you are a good candidate for a corrective rhinoplasty that will improve the way your nose looks to complement your facial features in a natural fashion. The tip of your nose will be the main focus of the plan but some additional adjustment should be adopted to achieve harmonious results. However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS