Manhattan Liposuction Doctor Recommendation

Are there any doctors in the Manhattan area who accept health insurance for Liposuction?

Health insurance for liposuction

+1

The more appropriat is whether insurance will cover liposuction.  If the surgery is for cosmetic reasons insurance will not cover.

No Insurance for liposuction

+1

I can't think of a single reason liposuction would be covered by insurance.  Sometimes as part of a breast reduction we may do some contouring to minimize the incision length, but insurance does not cover cosmetic surgery. Sorry.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Manhattan Liposuction - You're asking the wrong question

+1

What you should be asking is whether your health insurance covers liposuction.

If you are trying to have your health insurance cover liposuction for cosmetic reasons, then you're most likely going to run into BIG problems. Doctors are legally and ethically bound not to submit to insurance companies any bills for cosmetic surgical procedures, unless your plan specifically allows it.

Neither you nor your doctor should consider any requests or actions that might be considered fraudulent.

Having said that, if you're trying to treat a medical problem with liposuction, you might get a little further. My experience, however, has been that nearly every insurance company considers liposuction to be a cosmetic treatment and have never permitted it as a method of treating a medical condition.

Brian K. Brzowski, MD
Ogden Plastic Surgeon