Can a arm lift scar (in the arm pit only) be revised successfully?

About 5 years ago I had extra skin removed from the under arm area 5 years ago(not the arm itself) I am not happy with the scar and wanted to know what my options are to make it look less noticeable. What are my options if anything?

Arm Lift Scar Revision

+1
Arm Lift Scar Revision
Arm lift scars can take a long time to mature, or to achieve their final appearance. In some patients they can be somewhat noticeable due to either pigment or textural changes. In your particular case, since the initial tension of the wound has probably subsided, the scar can probably be revised. Brachioplasty patient need to be aware that in exchange of getting slimmer more athletic looking arms they will have a permanent scar. An experienced brachioplasty surgeon will design the scar in least noticeable location, so the scars are usually not very perceptible, but they can be seen with certain arm position.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Can an arm lift scar (in the arm pit only) be revised successfully?

+1

If you are trying to reduce the width of the scar, scar revision may be reasonable depending upon the laxity of the surrounding area.

Armlift scar

+1
Good question- after this amount of time scars are generally mature.  What bothers you most?  Color?  Texture?  For dark pigmentation issues, sometimes laser/light therapy may be helpful.  For texture issues, see your plastic surgeon.  Small raised areas could be revised.  An in-person exam is needed to address your concerns.  Good luck!

David C. Yao, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon