Mandibular Implants

I'm a 47yo male I'd like to get mandibular implants. My jaw line is almost square but I'd like to enhance it and make it more masculine. I can't find that much information about the procedure. Is it not very common? Can it be performed with a facelift? Thanks!

Facelift and jaw implants can be performed together

+2

You can perform these together but you might want to consider doing them one at a time to get adjusted to the results. The lateral jaw mandibular implants can really masculinize the face. You want someone with experience to be able to help you decide on the correct size, etc. Below is a video for you to watch and a link to see more informative videos:

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jaw implants and facelifts

+1

It is not a rare procedure but more an uncommon to common in terms of frequency performed. Medpor Porex has a nice set of jaw implants that allows you to augment the entire jawline or just the corners. They also have different shapes for the corners so you can choose the degree of prominence that you want. I would not recommend doing it at the same time as a facelift because of swelling and the decreased amount of excess skin due to the presence of jaw implants. For optimal results it would be better to do the jaw implants first and the facelift at a later date. That is different than doing a chin implant at the same time as a facelift.

Aaron Stone, MD