Raised/pitted Circular Red Mark in the Middle of my Forehead? (photo)

Hello, let me firstly say that any help or advice that can be given on this would be much appreciated, its been affecting my confidence enormously, Iv'e had this mark for roughly 10 years and it is still inflamed/raised, I went to the doctors about it about 3 years ago and they said it looked like a wart, and they applied a freeze to it but the lady who did it said it didn't really look like a wart but more like a mole, any help on what this may be/what can be done would be appreciated Thankyou

Forehead Lesion

+3

While an in-person evaluation is recommended, it appears as if it can be removed.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can guide and assist you.

Raised Red Pitted Lesion on my Forehead

+2

The history of your lesion helps, and of course a close up physical exam would also be in order for further determination of what caused the lesion. I agree with on of the other physicians, with red (usually vascular) raised lesions a laser with a wavelength that targets the red blood cell (532-565nm) would coagulate the vessels present, and potentially eliminate the raised portion of the "mark". I tell all my patients that these lesions like to recur and often times require retreatment in 6 weeks.

Michael B. Lyons, MD, FACS
Mobile Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for red mark on forehead

+2

An examination of you would really be needed to give you the best advice, but it's possible that a laser treatment with something like a pulsed dye laser could help.  If not, then it also could be removed surgically, but I always think it's best to try any non-surgical option first.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Red 'scar' on the forehead - Mole removal

+1

A chronically red and raised lesion on the forehead skin can be a number of different things ranging from skin cancer to a benign vascular or non-vascular growth.  An examination is important to obtain tactile and visual clues as to the diagnosis and treatment. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS