I Had a Deep Abrasion Above my Lip from a Fall 3 Weeks Ago and the Scar Has Contracted Pulling my Lip Up. What Can I Do?

The abrasion has healed and the scar is red, sore and lumpy. My main concern is that the scar tissue has caused some contracture and my left vermilion line has been lifted higher than my right giving my lips an uneven look. I am massaging it 5 minutes each day with petroleum jelly and applying either Cica-Care or Kelo-Cote. Will it settle down and go back to normal or will the scar always be hard and will I need a steroid injection or plastic surgery to correct it? Thank you for any advice.

Treating lip scars on the face

+1

Early scar contracture should be treated with immediate pulsed dye laser and secondary scar revision in the future.  The sooner you treat, the less the problems. 

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx