Is it 550cc and 500cc natrelle gel under muscle too big for me? I am 34 b and i want full d?

Status:5'4 ,138 pounds ,32b &27 years old ,mum of 14 months baby ,breastfeed 5 months . I will have hps style 20 natrelle silicon but I don't want to be too big but not small either . Thanks

Appropriate Natrelle silicone Implants

+1
It is difficult to tell exactly what size implants would be the most appropriate for your body without breast measurements. You may want to try on implants at your surgeon's office with a fitted t shirt to see if the result is what you are hoping for. There are no standard bra sizes in the industry (a D cup in one company's bra may be much bigger in another). Typically patients who have 500 to 550cc implants end up wearing a bra that is larger than most D cups. As mentioned by another surgeon, 100cc of silicone translates to about one cup size. If you do not want to look too large, you may want to try on some smaller implants and compare the difference. I hope that this helps in your decision.

Avoid large implants

+1
At 34 B each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 500 cc implants would take you up 5 cup sizes to a size G. 500 cc will not fit retro-pectorally, would extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. I always recommend small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Too big?

+1

Dear Ella,

A physical examination to obtain measurements of your chest wall and breast width would help to answer your question more accurately. Since cup size is a ratio of breast volume to chest circumference it is tough to estimate exact post-operative bra sizes. Another confounding factor is that there is no standardization of this ratio by bra manufacturers.

However, a loose rule of thumb is that it takes about 150cc to make a change in cup size in a 34 circumference chest. Therefore if you are already a 34 B, adding 500 will likely increase you a bit more than 3 cup sizes, likely making you a DD and look quite unnatural. Keep in mind, this is a very rough estimate and the goal is not a specific bra size but a look you are trying to achieve.

One tool I find helpful is Vectra 3D imaging, where I can virtually implant the different sizes and styles of implants. The 3D image of your chest morphs into a pretty accurate representation of your final result with some limitations of course.

Make sure you discuss the risks of using an implant which is wider than the width of your natural breast with your plastic surgeon. In addition to having an unnatural look, if the implant is too large, your risk for rippling, thinning of the skin, and feeling the implant through the skin is greatly increased. Obtain a couple consultations to inform yourself, however, in the end the decision is yours as to whether the increased risks are worth that much volume increase. Best wishes.

Luis H. Macias, MD

Big implants for small frames

+1

Although it is often difficult to give specific advice on implant size without a physical exam, I can say with relative confidence that I would not personally recommend that big of an implant for you based on your height, weight, and photos. Oversized implants very rarely look natural. They are more likely to be palpable, to thin out the overlying skin, to require a future breast lift, and are more likely to require revision surgery. I would suggest trying to use an implant that is more suited to your body size. With that being said, it is your body and your decision. You just need to be aware of the potential risks of using large implants.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

Good question and definitely worth more discussion with your plastic surgeon. That being said, it is really hard to give an opinion re implant size without a physical exam and a discussion. That being said, 550 cc implants are really quite large by my standards.

Best Breast Implant for Me?

+1

In regards to breast implant size/profile that will best help achieve your goals, I think it will be in your best interest to spend more time with your plastic surgeon. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging may also be helpful during this communication process.

Regardless of what you might hear, there is no reliable correlation between volume of breast implant used and increase in breast size achieved.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.