How Long Should I Wait Before Getting Botox and Juvederm After an Obagi Radiance Peel?

Timing of Facial Fillers after Obagi Peel

+2

If you get a good peel, you will peel for a week after the Obagi procedure. You are not likely to want to get something done the day after. But, this is a good time to follow-up and since I bring my patients back 7 days after an Obagi peel, some get additional procedures at that time and others opt to wait several weeks. The choice is yours. I would not get fillers sooner than a week after the peel. However, you can get the fillers and Botox 2 days before the peel.

Buffalo General Surgeon

+2

I recommend that patients wait until they've healed after a peel/ laser resurfacing before undergoing injectable treatments. This is typically one week following the treatment. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wait until you are fully healed

+2

As soon as your skin is fully healed from the peel and all the redness and swelling are goine, it would be safe to have Botox and Juvederm

John J. Bandeian, MD
Bristol Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Juvederm after Blue Peel Radiance

+2

There's really no definite time frame for getting Botox and Juvederm treatments after a Blue Peel Radiance treatment. After 72 hours your skin is typically done peeling and the radiance peel is a light peel compared to some others. Waiting 1-2 weeks before Botox or Juvederm treatments should be ok. Good Luck!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Obagi Radiance Peel

+2

We recommend typically 2 weeks after the Peel.  It's is not a strong peel so two weeks should be adequate time. 

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

How Long Should I Wait Before Getting Botox and Juvederm After peel?

+1

Thank you for your question. I suggest waiting 1-2 weeks after you had your peel, once the skin has completely healed and stop peeling to get a great result without sensitivity to the skin or irritation.

When to get Botox and Juvederm after a peel

+1

I would advise waiting a minimum of 1 week after a peel, and more preferably 2 weeks (especially if lots of peeling) before Botox and fillers. That said, you can do your Botox and fillers and then get your peel 2-3 days later without problem too. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and filler after a peel

+1

I would discuss the recommended guidelines with your Obagi provider, and also with your injector. Typically there is a specific timeframe - and I'm guessing you'd likely need to wait until you are healed from your Radiance peel.

Sam Naficy, MD

1 to 2 weeks after peel

+1

It is usually safe to proceed with cosmetic injections such as Juvederm or Botox 1 to 2 weeks after a a Radiance Peel.

Norman Shorr, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm after an Obagi Peel

+1

I usually tell patients to wait until the skin is fully healed.  The reason is because if you are going to put filler in you do not want any swelling of the skin to get the best results. 

Fred Hackney, MD