Pressed too hard taping nose after rhino-septoplasty and developed a bump! Is this permanent? (photos)

I had a rhino-septoplasty a week and a half ago and recently got my cast removed. As my nose was quite swollen, I researched and found out that taping the nose can reduce swelling. Last night, I applied quite a lot of pressure when applying the tape as I wanted to make sure it stuck on properly. However, this morning I woke up and have seemed to develop a small bump on my nose! Is this permanent or just swelling from the applied pressure?! Please see before and after photos.

Bump on the nose after applying tape post rhinoplasty

+1
It is unlikely that the pressure of applying tape caused the bump. Most likely the tape created a depression in the swollen tissue and this will resolve on its own. Having said this, we always recommend that patients communicate closely with their surgeon and follow their pre and post operative instructions. I'm not sure your surgeon would have recommended that you tape your own nose, had you asked.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pressed too hard taping nose after rhino-septoplasty and developed a bump! Is this permanent?

+1
Always follow with your surgeon and follow those recommendations.  It is always difficult to assess without the benefit of an exam.

Bump on those 10 days after rhinoplasty

+1
It is highly unlikely that you did anything to cause the bump on your nose. You're still in the very early healing. After your procedure and almost everything is temporary. Give it time it and it should get better on its own.