It's been 3 months since I broke my nose and I have a bump. What treatment would you recommend?

It's been 3 months since I broke my nose and now that the swelling has gone completely I can see that I have a bump right on the bridge of the nose! I want to get it fixed because i am not comfortable with it as it just adds to my already big nose! Would the surgery be difficult? Can I have it now? Where in Manchester UK can I get rhinoplasty? Any recommendation?

+1
   Hump reduction is a fairly standard rhinoplasty request.

Los Angeles, CA................

Rhinoplasty for big and broken nose with nasal bump

+1
Trauma to the nose can result in a nasal fracture which can cause a callus formation across the top of the bridge line and accentuates  the pre-existing  hump. The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage and must be shaved down during the rhinoplasty procedure to remove it. Osteotomies of the nasal bones are then required to close an open roof deformity created from the  hump removal. The osteotomies  will also narrow and straighten the nasal bones. For many examples of broken nose repair and hump removal in our practice, please see the link below

Rhinoplasty

+1
Your nasal deformity can be addressed with a formal rhinoplasty. I suggest making a consultation with a plastic surgeon to further discuss and make sure you and your plastic surgeon understand your goals and expectations. Good luck

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Johnson City Plastic Surgeon

Nasal bump following trauma

+1
If the bump on your nose is bone then it can be rasped down.  If it is part cartilage and bone then a more extensive rhinoplasty will be necessary.  Next step is to be examined by a plastic surgeon to determine the extent of the procedure necessary to correct your problem.