21 year old male with high forehead. Would forehead reduction surgery or hair grafting be right for me? (photos)

Looked into the Forehead Reduction Surgery, however the scar being visible scares me. I've seen various Before & After pictures from different surgeons, some results are barely detectable & other results look very obvious. Can anyone shed any light on why that would be? Hair Grafting seems to be the other option, but can similar hair density be achieved?No hereditary hair loss and minimal recession.  I'm hopefully going to see Mr Christopher Inglefield at LBPS later next month but having a better understanding would be greatly appreciated.

High hair line, forehead reduction

+2
Hi there,

I know Chris Inglefield well, he is an excellent surgeon and very nice person.  He'll give you good advice.

I have some for you too:

In my view, you're not a candidate for either forehead reduction (the scar would be unacceptable in a person of your age), or hair transplant (it would looks kind of odd and probably wouldn't work well being that far forward, although it could be discussed as a possibility).

You've got a good head of hair. Both men and women with a tall forehead most often use hairstyle choice as the main method of minimising forehead visibility if self conscious about it. Have you tried that? It should be possible to have a style which you like and which suits your face - and that's what I'd recommend investigating, by seeking expert styling or hairdressing advice.

Very good luck to you.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Not even a question

+1
Any hairline advancement work- whether with grafting or what I call the Surgical Hairline Advancement (SHA) - would be a mistake on a young man like yourself.
The realistic goal at this time is to make sure you are holding on to your existing hair, taking if you start noticing hair loss Propecia and or use laser light therapy.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

High hairline on young man

+1
Conventional wisdom dictates that you should wait 5-10 years before having either procedure. Extenuating social and vocational situations might lead to different conclusions. 

In my opinion it is impossible to get full  densitywith one hair transplant session.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon