2nd Breast Implant Nightmare? Implants removed last week staph aureus present in left breast. (photo)

Implants removed last week staph aureus present in left after 2nd implant explanted through skin now left with 1 breast extremely smaller than other & incision not closed will it close after antibiotics & what are the chances of this happening a 3rd time ? Or what options without implants to make them look the same ? I don't think swabs were taken when implant was first took out so I assume it went back in with infection still present been prescribed with flucloxacillin x 3 500mg x 3 x per day

Implant Replacement After Infection

+1

After implants are removed in the case of infection and the antibiotics are used to treat, implants may be replaced at 3 to 6 months.

Breast Implant Infection

+1

Sorry to hear this story.

This will heal as the infection resolves--it may take a couple of weeks. If you consider replacing the implants, you should wait for at least three months, and don't begin counting the days until the incision is completely closed. 

If your breasts were even is size before surgery, you may find that they are more or less even once all the inflammation is resolved.

Your options for improving symmetry will include implants. If you choose not to use implants, fat grafting is another possibility. Either way, you may also wish to think about a breast lift if the amount of breast skin or the areolar positioning is sufficiently asymmetric.

Thanks for your question, best wishes through this difficult time. 

Breast Implant Infection

+1

It is important to do a complete capsulectomy along with removal of the implant, to be able to control the infection. Then wait 6 months before considering putting another implant.

You will be at a slightly higher chance of infection again 

Implant infection

+1

I think that it is very important to follow closely with your surgeon. They shoudl close with time as the infection subsides.  As for future surgery, you want the pockets to be healed for several months before considering a revision.