How to Manage Mental State After Bad Rhinoplasty While Waiting for Revision?

I recently had a poor rhinoplasty 3 months ago. I am horrified. I had a slender nose with a nasal hump. The result is an extremely thin bridge that is scooped out. Possibly an inverted V deformity. Looks horrible. It is difficult for me to go to work. I am so embarrassed. Since this is an issue where too much tissue was removed, can you get a revision earlier than 1 year?

Revision rhinoplasty

+2
I see a lot of new consultation patients in my practice for revision rhinoplasty and my policy is to always wait one year from their original surgical date. While it is distressing to you right now it is important to be in the hands of a skilled surgeon and wait the proper time frame. I would spend this time doing your homework and seeing well recommended rhinoplasty surgeons for consultations. Perhaps what they tell you will give you some peace of mind. While a year seems like a long time you do not want to go in for another revision. Two times is a charm not three!! If you would like to send some photographs to my website or email I would be happy to give you further expert opinion and hopefully ease your mind. I am sorry for your distress and it is my hope that each year the revision surgeries who request my expertise keep dropping in numbers and that no patient goes through this embarrassment you are feeling. Time is on your side be patient! Best regards!

Depending on your condition, you may be a candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure to raise the height of your bridge.

+1

I read your concerns:

We could provide better advice with a photo of your concerns, so you may want to re-ask your question.

Depending on your condition, Injectable Fillers may be useful for improving the thin, scooped appearance of your nasal bridge. My preference and expertise is with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. In certain cases, I have used Silikon-1000 earlier than 3 months post-op in the bridge of the nose.

If you're having difficulty coping with your nose job, a consultation with a reputable psychiatrist may be most beneficial at this stage of the game.

I hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

It is important to wait at leat one year for scars to mature and swelling goes away and complete healing. the biggest mistake is to go with a secondary rhinoplasty too early. Meawhile a psychiatrist will be of great help to you to coup with the present psychological impact.