Can a Man Get Female Breast Implants and Female Facial Reconstruction Surgery?

Can a man get these things just because they want to look like a female but not actually be one. Can they get these with out having to go to a psychiatrist or anything like that.

Male to female surgery

+2

You can find surgeons who will do this kind of surgery.  In fact some specialize In it. They call it male feminization surgery.  You will have have an easier time finding someone to do the facial feminization surgery than the breasts, however.  Just make sure you really check out the surgeon and his credentials thoroughly.  Unfortunately, this type of surgery is often done by some surgeons who are kinda sketchy types, if you know what I mean.

Web reference: http://edelsonplastic.com/breast/breast-augmentation/

Feminizing surgery

+1

The distinction even in transgender patients is between procedures that are reversible like breast augmentation and those that are not like surgical conversion from male to female genitalia. There are federal laws regarding the latter but not the regarding the former reversible procedure. To be on the safe side your surgeon should apply the same. That is to say breast implants and a feminizing chin implant would be ok with just informed consent but bone burring removal of the forehead and or jaw should be a no go without further analysis.

Feminizing Breast and Facial Appearance?

+1

I have had the opportunity to work with several men interested in breast implants ( to feminize the chest wall).  This is a different situation from trans gender patients in transition and from men who are looking to augment their chest walls ( pectoralis implants).
Nevertheless, this subset of patients is somewhat uncommon;  it is very important to  understand patient motivation clearly and to educate  these patients about the long-term effects of having  feminized chest walls.

On the other hand, I have not worked with men interested in feminizing their facial  appearance.  I think if I were seeing a patient interested in feminizing their chest as well as facial features I would encourage him to seek counseling;  this counseling may be an important step in helping the patient understand his motivation to proceed with these types of  surgery ( before undergoing operations that would be difficult, if not impossible, to reverse).

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm