Will I Get Good Results Removing Only Man Breast Tissue Without Liposuction?

hi i am a young male who is not obese or anything at all and my doctor recently said i would benefit from a male gynocamastea surgery. what i would like to know is that is it ok to just have the tisue removed instead of liposuction. the doctor that i want to have it done with who is another person said that he doesnt do liposuction only removal. will that be okay to get the results i want. i only have very slight projection of the nipple area..

Gynecomastia Surgery?

+1

Gynecomastia comes from the Greek meaning "gyne" meaning woman and  "mastos"  meaning breasts.  It refers to abnormal development of large mammary glands in males.  The diagnosis can be made by physical examination where relatively firm tissue  (breast gland tissue) can be differentiated from relatively soft tissue (adipose tissue).
Breast prominence due to excessive adipose tissue is called pseudo-gynecomastia or lipomastia.  The differentiation of true  gynecomastia  from adipose tissue is important because the surgical treatment may differ. Usually  physical examination by a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon is sufficient to make the diagnosis  and to determine the best course of treatment.
I have found that gynecomastia is often best treated with  partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue  as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area.  If the prominence of the chest wall is caused by adipose tissue, then liposculpture surgery alone may suffice.
I would strongly suggest that you make sure you are working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. You will find that this recommendation will be more important than any specific “miracle technology” that you will undoubtedly hear about.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_gynecomastia.htm

Gynecomastia

+1

Either liposuction or direct excisiion of male breast tissue can be performed. If the tissue is mostly fibrous, direct excision is easier. You will need an examination since the decision can only be made based on that.

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Open Excision For Areolar Gynecomastia

+1

If the amount of excess breast tissue is limited only to underneath the areola or slightly beyond, then an open excision by itself will work just fine. This does sound like what you are describing with projection limited to the nipple area.  The one concern when doing an open excision is to not remove too much tissue. This can create a nipple inversion problem. This is a finesse operation not a tumor removal procedure so you are best served to have it done by a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.eppleygynecomastia.com/

Male breast reduction

+1

Without an exam it is hard to tell. Many general surgeons do variations of what a palstic usrgoen would do.  If you have mainly breast tissue, then perhaps excision is required. If it is mostly fatty tissue, then liposuction is often beneficial.  A common complications is that a depression under the areola forms in some cases.

Gynecomastia and liposuction

+1

Excess male chest development can be only breast tissue (true gynecomastia) or partially breast tissue mixed with fat (gynecolipomastia) or all fat (lipomastia). If there is a fatty component then some liposuction  is generally helpful but if there is only breast tissue present surgical excision alone usually suffices. Hope this helps!

Long Beach Plastic Surgeon