Is This Malposition, Bottoming Out? (photo)

Hi I have one breast lower then the other .I am not happy with the result .What cause this asymmetric and what can I do to correct this . Is my surgeon responsible for this ?

Is This Malposition, Bottoming Out?

+1

Thanks for the posted photo. The issue is what did you look like before the implants? Where you asymmetric than? If YES, than implants magnify the asymmetry by the sear increase in volume. Or was the operation/dissection done poorly by the surgeon? My recommendation is to discuss with your surgeon these issues IN detail. Than if a mutual solution can be attain proceed. Otherwise seek second in person opinions. 

Malposition of Bottoming out

+1

This is hard to tell without the preoperative photographs. Your nipples and areolas look like they are at the same level. Repair of the fold or different implants are both options.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Bottoming out?

+1

It certainly looks like you have bottoming out.  An exam in person would be best to assess the situation.  Solutions to correct bottoming out can include placing smaller implants and fixing the fold.

Breast Implant Malposition/Bottoming Out after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear/see the complication you have experienced after breast augmentation surgery. As you know, the breast asymmetry is related to an asymmetric positioning of the breast implants. Unfortunately, it is not possible to ascertain whether this breast implant asymmetry is secondary to an error in breast implant pocket dissection or postoperative breast implant movement ( which can occur occasionally, despite best efforts).

At some point, you will benefit from revisionary breast surgery; make sure your plastic surgeon  (or any plastic surgeon who you choose to perform the procedure)  can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation.

Malposition or Bottoming Out

+1

Without the opportunity to see pre-op photos it is hard to answer any question about malposition. From the posted photo it looks to me like bottoming out, but again some more info would be helpful. For example, if this were a one week post op I would not consider bottoming out nigh on the list. 

The right implant is lower than the left and it looks like it is lower that the breast fold, which defines bottoming out.  This is a known risk. Surgery to restore the breast fold is the fix for this.  

Many surgeons will not charge a professional fee in this setting, and the only fee would be for the operatory and anesthetist. 

Thanks you for your question and for the attached photo.