Is This a Malignant Mole? I Am 30 Years Old Btw. (photo)

Help...I need to know if this is a malignant mole.

Mole

+1

I would highly recommend that you have a biopsy done by a dermatologist to confirm whether or not it is benign.  

Mole on the sole

+1

This mole appears to be on your sole.  The pigment is not even throughout and the borders are not that well defined and these changes can be found in a normal or abnormal mole on the sole.  It must be examined by a dermatologist.  Dermoscopy which magnifies the characteristics of a mole may help make the diagnosis but a biopsy with pathological examination is the only way to know for certain.

Toronto Dermatologist

Malignant Mole?

+1

It is not possible to tell whether or not a mole is malignant simply by looking at a photo.  It would need a minor skin biopsy, which can be performed in the office.  At the examination it is often possible to give some idea of the likelihood that it is benign or malignant based on history and physical features, but the final determination can only be made by biopsy.

Daytona Beach Plastic Surgeon

Warning signs of malignant moles

+1

It is impossible to accurately assess your mole by looking at the photo. To be safe, you should be carefully evaluated by a board certified dermatologist. Please use the ABCDE's as your guide for when to be concerned about moles: A for Asymmetry; B for Irregular Borders; C for Black or uneven Colors; D for diameter greater than a pencil eraser; and E for a growth that is Evolving or changing. If necessary, it is an extremely simple five minute procedure for a dermatologist to remove the mole using either a "punch" or a "shave" biopsy which typically leaves a minimal scar. The mole can then be checked microscopically for reassurance.

You can follow the video link below to learn more about identifying the changes in moles that are suspicious for skin cancer.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/general-dermatology/skin-cancer/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.