Is Possible to Get a Tip Plasty After a Rhinoplasty if the Results Are Not What You Want? What Are the Pros/cons? (photo)

My surgeon has said that he will narrow the bridge, but refuses to do a tipplasty. He said the tip is already pointy. My nose is in reality quite small and nicely shaped apart from a minor imperfection on the bridge (abit wide right near the top between the eyes). I do think the tip could do with some work, however trust his judgement. If I am not pleased with the tip after say a year, is it possible to just get the tipplasty done without dong the entire nose again? Do you agree with my surgeon?

Tip-plasty after Rhinoplasty

+1

Your tip looks very nice in these pictures. There are risks in all procedures - leave it alone. 

Subtle Rhinoplasty- Smart Surgeon

+1

Your surgeon seems to definitely be someone you can trust. There are 3 points to be made. 

1. A Rhinoplasty is, without a doubt, the most difficult of all the facial plastic surgery procedures.

2. Changing a bad nose to a good one is hard.

3. Changing a good nose to a slightly better one is really, really hard. 

The take home point is this- If you have a good nose and you want it to be slightly better-  refer to the 3 points referenced above before making a decision about surgery. Good Luck

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Reshaping Opinion

+1

I would agree with your surgeon. I would likely not recommend more narrowing or definition given its curent shape. If you did decide to do something down the road, it is certainly possible to do just a tip rhinplasty. Good luck with your surgery and healing process.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Plasty

+1

Your tip is ideal as it is. I totally agree with your surgeon. In Rhinoplasty surgery the fewer modifications that are performed the less risk of complications both medically and cosmetically. Keep your tip the way it is and avoid unnecessary surgery.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon