Gash in Forehead from Fall. What to So About Scar? (photo)

I fell over yesterday after I fainted and have about a 2 - 2.5 gash on my forehead. The doctor at the hospital closed the wound using some type if glue. I'm really worries about this cut leaving a scar. What do u suggest to minimise scar development from this early stage.

Gash in Forehead from Fall. What to So About Scar?

+2

Keep it moist for the first week. You'll want to use a scar gel and sunscreen after that that - we typically recommend Bio Corneum as the one product contains both ingredients. As early as 6 weeks the scar can be treated with dermabrasion or laser to smooth it. I would delay considering any sort of surgical revision until at least one year to allow the scar to fully heal. I hope this information is helpful.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving scars on the skin - Los Angeles

+1

Early scar treatment with laser, scar injections, and topical therapy can help improve the scar once it has healed over. I use three different types of lasers in my practice for scar improvement. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Taking care of a gash and minimizing the scar.

+1

The best thing to do is keep the area clean and do gentle wound care (soap and water). Once the skin heals over in a few months, one can do laser or dermabrasion. The scar gels are not helpful in my opinion and the latest research backs that showing no efficacy. The redness will fade with time and can be faded faster with laser. Good luck. 

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Cut on forehead

+1

At this point, after getting the cut on your forehead, it's important to use sun protection to the area.  The wound will continue to heal and improve over the next few months.  It can take 6-12 months for all of the healing to take place though.  If there is still a noticeable scar after this time, I would recommend seeing a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to see if anything can be done to improve the scar.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon