Male: I Want a Very Subtle, Minimal, Brow Lift (I Think)?

I am a male, 18 years old. I have eyebrows that towards the inside of my face (where each eyebrow meets) are pointed downward. So from a profile view, the tip of my inner eyebrow is nearly below my eye. Also, I have a little bit of fat on my upper nose, between my eyes. I find that by lifting gently my center forehead above my eyes, I can correct both problems and it is very subtly different (but I can notice). What kind of procedure I could have to permanently hold my brows in such a way. Cost?

Brow lifting in men

+2

Need photo to better assess but it is very rare for a young male patient to need brow lifting. Men are supposed to have lower masculine eyebrows. If need minimal brow lift, consider chemical brow lift using botulinum toxin injection.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Questions about raising brows

+2

It would be very unusual for an 18 year old to be a good candidate for a brow lift, but pictures would be helpful to determine if you might be a candidate for surgery or not.  It is possible to do surgery to raise the brows, or just certain aspects of the brows.  The costs can vary depending on the type of procedure used.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Heavy Brows in Young Man

+1

I would suggest consulting with a Facial Plastic or Plastic surgeon. Your young age implies a hereditary condition, which makes me suspicious if BOTOX would be helpful. After a doctor examines you, they would be able to share with you, whether that may be appropriate. 

Longer term options would include an endoscopic lift. The nice thing about this procedure is that it is performed through a few small incisions. Share any family history of hair loss with your doctor, so the placement of the incisions can be most camoflaged in case of later hair loss.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

For minor brow lifts, consider ultherapy

+1

for a potential safe and nonsurgical answer to your question, you may want to explore Ultherapy for brow lifting.  It is not as dramatic as open surgery or endoscopic surgery, but it gets some lasting results.

Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Heavy brows

+1

Dear Robert. I would not do anything at 18 years old. Botox may do the trick in lifting the brow but you are young to be using it this soon. If in a few years you still have low eyebrows, then consider using Botox to see the effect; an endoscopic browlift directed at the depressor muscles will help to lift them. There may be other fixed anatomic factors contributing to your brow appearance such as the shape of the brow and forehead that make treatment problematic. A photo would help to give feedback. 

David R. Stephens, MD

Minimal Brow Lift

+1

A limited irregular trichophytic Brow lift can be done to lift the central brows and maintain your hairline position which is very important in a young man like yourself. Cost will vary depending on the experience of your surgeon.

Brow lift with atention to the inner aspect of the eyebrows

+1

Have you tried Botox?  I would suggest this for two reasons.  First it will give you an idea of what a brow lift would look like.  Second, from the phrasing of your question, it sounds like you have some ambivalence about the idea of a brow lift procedure.  From a technical standpoint brow lifting can be carried out via an endoscopic approach or via an incision that runs along the hairline.  The problem with the hairline approach is that as time marches forward and your hairline recedes, the incision might become more visible.  I hope this information is helpful.

John Q. Cook, MD

Central Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift.

+1

Central Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift is the procedure you need without raising your hairline. The cost varies.

Brow Lift

+1

Brow contour can be modified with a minimal incision ENDOSCOPIC brow lift with  2 one centimeter incisions in the hair bearing area.

Cost vary on the complexity and length of the procedure.

Richard W. Maloney, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon