Male Stretch Mark Removal and Skin Tightening

Hi I am a 34 yr old man that has lost 65lbs. my doctor suggested radiofrquency for the tightening and MICRO NEEDLING for the stretch marks. I probably don't have that of a woman who has given birth, but I can grab 2-3 inches of flab and I am skinny everywhere else. Does anyone think this would be worth a shot for a guy like me? Sorry if I high jacked the first question.

Stretchmarks, radiofrequency, and microneedling

+1

I would consider 65 pounds a significant weight loss and congratulate you on accomplishing that presumably without surgery. I can't say for sure without a face to face examination but it sounds like you have significant excess skin that has lost its elasticity or ability to shrink back after the weight loss. Stretchmarks signify a loss of elasticity similar to cracks in an elastic band that can no longer stretch and bounce back to its original length. I think you will be wasting your money and time on radiofrequency treatments as they will not give you the amount of skin shrinkage you want. The micro needling will only be useful if the stretchmarks are paler than the surrounding skin, narrow (only a few millimeters wide) and contain a sufficent amount of remaining layers of skin. The needling seems to stimulate the migration of pigment cells from adjacent normally pigmented areas into the needled area. That will not happen if the stretchmark is very wide and/or it does not contain sufficient layers of skin.

Stretch mark removal and skin tightening sounds like a bad idea

+1

Seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon. Nothing removes stretch marks -- they are intradermal scars. If they are bright purple, they will usually fade and blend in; however, unless they are surgically removed they are permanent. Also I have never seen RF effectively tighten skin that has been stretched out by weight gain.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD