My nose very straight from a side and front view, however I have larger nostrils and a very fat tip of my nose? (photo)

Male rhinoplasty. I am 19 and looking for a procedure to thin the bridge of my nose slightly and reduce the size of my nostrils. I've attached pictures with my own (rudimentary) photoshopped image of roughly what I'm looking to achieve. So what procedure am I looking for? What would the estimated cost be? Recovery time, etc.? Thanks!

Rhinoplasty to narrow the bridge and reduce nostril size

+2

The results you are looking for are reasonable and achievable. This can be done via a closed technique which would speed recovery and reduce swelling. The nasal bones would need to be broken and then brought in to narrow your nasal bridge. The nostrils have a little flare and contribute to the wider larger nostrils. The nostrils can be reduced in size through alar base reduction (Weir + sill excision). Recovery varies but expect 7-10 days for bruising and swelling. Find a surgeon that specializes in nose surgery and review morphed pictures until you have mutual understanding with your surgeon about what you are looking to accomplish.

Reasonable rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Robert, the morphed results you show appear both reasonable and achievable. You are looking for a subtle rhinoplasty, perhaps an endonasal approach, depending on your tip cartilages. Estimated cost is usually less than $10K, recovery time is one week of restricted activities with an nasal cast. Best of luck with your search!

Tom Wang, MD

Tom D. Wang, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Realistic Expectations with rhinoplasty

+1

The morphed results look reasonable and achievable. To thin the bridge of the nose, osteotomies will be required after shaving down the hump. Nostril reduction will be accomplished with an alar-plasty. Virtual rhinoplasty software, our before and after photo gallery and our price list are all available on the website link below

My nose very straight from a side and front view, however I have larger nostrils and a very fat tip of my nose?

+1

I think that your goals are achievable with regard to tip refinement, nostril size, and dorsal contours.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Goals of Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

You describe a limited rhinoplasty with subtle changes. Your goals are appropriate and reasonable; these changes will provide a natural result. Cost will vary between $6,000-9,000 depending on the experience of your surgeon and the work necessary which will be determined after examination. I usually tell my patients that recovery will take 7-10 days.

Conservative natural rhinoplasty with slight changes.

+1

Conservative natural rhinoplasty with slight changes is what you are looking for. Therefore, choose a surgeon who does this type of rhinoplasty VERY WELL. if too much is done u will have an operated looking nose.