Male Rhinoplasty Inquiry. Please Assess My Nose in Terms of Symmetry, Bottom Tip and Profile? (photo)

I am a thirty year old male and based on the attached pictures (I apologize for the initial poor quality images), I am interested on an assessment of my nose in terms of symmetry, the bottom tip and the side profile. My main motivation is to straighten out my nose while ensuring the masculine features are preserved and a very natural look is maintained. The procedure sounds a bit involved. Also, does the seven to ten day recovery seem reasonable to be presentable enough to be in public?

Rhinoplasty

+2

Hello, thank you for your question. As you may know the nose has both a functional and aesthetic component to evaluate for rhinoplasty. My first question would be to ask you how your breathing is through one nostril compared to the other. On your pictures it appears you may have a deviated septum which would be addressed at the time of surgery. From an aesthetic standpoint, I agree it is important to maintain you masculinity and facial harmony. Most definitely a natural appearance is desired versus a surgical one...Everyone is afraid of ending up with a Michael Jackson nose :) So based on the pictures you have provided my recommendations would be as follows; Septoplasty to straighten your dorsum or nasal bridge, lowering of your dorsal hump, a subtle reduction of your nasal tip which is a bit full and probably release of the nasal depressor muscle to keep the tip from dropping...a picture while you are smiling would be helpful to determine how active the muscle is. Lastly, you would need an osteotomy to narrow your nasal bridge and bring the bones back together after taking down the hump (closing the roof). In reference to your last question, the external splint/cast  is removed after a week and replaced with skin colored tapes for an additional week. Mild bruising under the eyes can be expected and could last 1-2 weeks...I believe Arnica taken orally helps greatly to reduce this. Most people are back to work and in public view within a week.  

Male Rhinoplasty Assessment

+2

You do have  a deviated asymmetrical bridge and dorsum with a large hump and asymmetrical tip. A natural, strong, well defined male nose with improved breathing can be achieved when the surgery is performed by an experienced rhinoplasy surgeon. You will feel comfortable in public 7-10 days after surgery.

Male Rhinoplasty Inquiry. Please Assess My Nose in Terms of Symmetry, Bottom Tip and Profile?

+1

Aestheically speaking, from the photos provided, the nose has a large dorsal hump with wide nostrils and a thick nasal tip that is at ~ 105 degrees of rotation.  A Closed Rhinoplasty to reduce the hump and thin the nasal tip would address these issues.  Hope this helps. 

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Male Rhino.Plz Assess Nose (Symmetry, Bottom Tip and Profile?) #nosesurgery

+1

It is so important that you find a board certified nasal surgeon to discuss this delicate surgery. Pictures are always very limited in that nothing is better than actually seeing the nose live to really assess it. It is important to obtain history to find out if you have had trauma or have breathing issues because those might need to be addressed. It is so important to keep the nose looking masculine yet addressing the issues that worry you. I know how hard of a decision this is because I have had a Rhinoplasty. Without really being able to comment on your internal nasal examination it does seem that you have a deviated septum and fixing that would help straighten your profile from the front. Then taking down the bump would be my next maneuver to make your side profile more flat. You would also benefit from some refinement of the tip, keeping in mind not to cause that feminine look. I would love to see your entire face so that I can assess your chin position relative to your nose. That matters a lot. Also, it would be nice to know if your tip animates, or plunges down when you smile because there are a set of muscles that might need to be severed from inside mouth beneath the upper lip that can help prevent the plunging tip. Finally, in taking down your nasal bump you would then need the bones moved inward to recreate the symmetry to the nose. This can be explained much more clearly in a consultation and would be too much to write here in this forum. Finally, I know lots of surgeons use programs to alter the nose and give patients and idea of what to expect. My personal opinion is this can really create false hope for patients and I would proceed with caution if you have this done. I am not saying it is bad, but I feel that patients can really get a false sense of what is possible by using that approach. The best thing for you to do is be very thorough and research to find a well qualified surgeon, talk to their patients, and look at pictures. You should feel totally confident in the end with who you choose or move on to the next surgeon. I too understand how big of a decision this is for you. It is a total game changer. I am very happy and I think you will be too if you are diligent with this process. Good luck! Happy to talk anytime if you need too. Look me up.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your posted photos are so tightly bracketed that they are of limited use in any assessment. The only thing I can definitely see is a hump on top of the bridge. Taking down the hump will not feminize your nose. As long as you keep the pyramidal/triangular shape of the nose without over narrowing the bridge and do not raise the tip too much you should not feminize the nose. 7 to 10 recovery is reasonable but not guaranteed. Bruising is greatest when there is an infracture and it is unclear from your photos if that is necessary. Bruising may take more than 10 days to completely resolve.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Your Rhinoplasty

+1

Redefining your dorsum (bridge), mid-nose width & asymmetry, supratip & nasal tip while considering the length of your nose (maybe slightly shorter) will help bring natural harmony to your appearance!  Please seek an experienced Cosmetic Surgeon.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Assessment Of A Male Nose With Irregularities

+1

Based on the photos you have provided, a well planned rhinoplasty with a a multifaceted approach will eliminate your nasal irregularities and possible breathing issues you may be heaving.

It seems that you may have a deviated septum and so a septa-rhinoplasty is required in this case through which the nasal bump will also be addressed and a straighter nose will be achieved.

As for the over-projected nasal tip, a tip reduction/modification will best fit your situation.

Of course, preserving the masculine natural-look of you nose will be the focus of the procedure.

As for the recovery, I do not see a reason that will prohibit you from being in public at about 10 days post op with "presentable" look in the public as far the procedure is not performed aggressively. 

Moreover, please bear in mind that you show a thick nasal skin and your recovery pace may be slower than the average.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com