Male Rhinoplasty For Huge Hump and Fat Tip? (photo)

i am a 22 years old male .i d like to have a natural , not feminin nose that is in harmony with my facial features.. basically i have a huge hump and a fat rounded tip.. what to expect from rhinoplasty in my case ? i have looked through the internet and i d like to get a nose similar to the last picture. is that possible? what to ask my plastic surgeon to get the best result. thank you

Male Rhinoplasty for huge bump and fat tip

+3

Thank you for your question. From your photographs I do think that your expectation is a reasonable expectation if you're rhinoplasty is performed by an expert plastic surgeon who has specific interest in rhinoplasty.

The nasal bones will be narrowed, the hump reduced, and refinement of your tip will require cartilage grafting using cartilage harvested from the nasal septum.

specifically ask your surgeon how he or she plans to refine your nasal tip, asked them if the thick skin will be a problem, and asked to see before and after photographs of patients and that they have treated and if possible to speak to a former patient.

Rhinoplasty

+2

Your case is standard and removal of the hump with or without infracture, trimming of the tip cartilages and suture shaping of the tip cartilages should suffice. You need to make sure your surgeon fully examines your nose inside and out. Ask him/her to describe what they see and what they will do to rectify each problem area.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Male Rhinoplasty For Huge Hump and Fat Tip?

+2

Yes, the nose can have the nasal hump removed and the nasal tip thinned.  The nasal tip is under-roatated and should be rotated up as well.  Rhinoplasty would be advised along with medial and lateral osteotomies and nasal tip thinning.  We do these on many out of country patients (have two patients here form the Middle East for this) and require them to stay in beverly Hills for 1 week before flying home.  Hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty

+1
You could certainly get improvement from a rhinoplasty. You may also need a septoplasty as the base view photo shows some septal deviation. I am uncertain whether you could look like the pictures you included. You nasal tip skin appears very thick and may not shrink enough to show the underlying cartilagenous architecture that might be constructed with the surgery. Still an marked improvement is possible

Howard N. Robinson, MD

Nasal Hump Removed With Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Afasanas,

Thank you for sharing personal photos and what you like your nose to look like as well.

Based on the structure of your nose (limited info without physical examination) and the thick nasal skin you have, you will need a highly skilled surgeon to provide you with comparable results to what your goal photo shows.

You nasal hump will be filed down and your bulbous tip will be narrowed. Additional details are hard to provide without assessing your full facial features.

I recommend that you consult with certified surgeons of extensive experience who can help you make a well informed decision.

Thank you for your post and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Male Rhinoplasty for Huge Hump and Fat Tip

+1

The size of your nose can be reduced but you cannot achieve the definition of the nose you submitted because of your thick skin. A good surgeon will establish reasonable expectations.

A skilled rhinoplasty surgeon can improve your nose but not necessarily make it look like a photo of someone else

+1

There are many variabilities in nasal anatomy and rhinoplasty. First, the nose should fit your face. Second, strength and position of the cartilage as well as skin thickness will determine if you can match or come close to a posted photo of someone elses nose. Your nose hangs and you desire more tip shape as well. That can be achieved. The photo of your desired nose that you uploaded shows someone with thinner skin. You can likely get a nose with a similar angle but not quite as defined. Seek out an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to review what your goals are and what is realistic for you.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Bulbous and boxy tip rhioplasty

+1

An experience surgeon in your type nose will be able to achieve your desired nose.I would look at many before and after photos to make sure there are a lot of experience with similar noses.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello, rhinoplasty is in order in your case. The hump and tip can be improved and I suspect  that narrowing will also be necessary. You may not be able to achieve as much refinement in the tip as the photo you posted. The reason is the thickness of your skin. You can expect a major improvement. 

David Alessi, MD

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

You have a classic Middle Eastern Ethnic nose. A prominent hump and a bulbous tip. The results you seek should be achievable in experienced hands. Your surgeon should perform computer imaging to show you before and after results.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS