Male Rhinoplasty and Too Drastic of a Change to Accept?

Hi, I had male rhinoplasty 3 years ago and initially was very happy with result (until swelling went down and my nose became very small). My nose looks fine to 10 out of 10 other people but I have not been able to accept the radical change from my native nose. This has led to tension headaches caused by the stress and much depression. my question is, are there any medications that may help me accept the change? i have already tried therapy but will ssri's help address this issue?

Male Rhinoplasty and Too Drastic a Change

+1

I would think about a revision rhinoplasty.  This may be appropriate after treatment for the depression.  Medications dispensed for depression should be done by a psychiatrist.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Male rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Asishpanda, It is very unfortunate that you are having such depression after your rhinoplasty. It is important in all rhinoplasty, ethnic rhinoplasty and certainly in male rhinoplasty to have a natural looking nose that fits your facial features. I typically use an imaging computer so the patient may visualize their proposed results before surgery. I would speak with your surgeon and see if he/she has a referring doctor to help you through this time. You may want to see another surgeon and see if there is any revision procedure that may provide you with a result you will be happier with. Make sure you do find help as untreated depression is difficult to endure. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://michaelelammd.com