Male Puffy Nipples -- Fix Without Full Gyno Surgery?

Hello I am a rather lean 32 year old male with puffy nipples. I would say I have Type 1 Gynocomastia. I was wondering if its possible to have my nipples fixed without the full blown gyno surgery. The shape of my pectoral/breast area isn't really an issue, as its mainly in my nipples. They are convex and puffy, and I'd love to get them flat. From what I understand, I still need a full blown gyno surgery, but I was wondering if there are other opinions out there.

Puffy Nipples

+1

There are different degrees or variations of gynecomastia that can be improved with a variety of procedures.   When the excess tissue is limited to only beneath nipple region; there are surgical techniques that can be employed to only address that region.  It is recommended to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon who discuss your options.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Treatment options or puffy nipples

+1

A photograph of your condition would be beneficial.  Many times puffy nipples in males is associated with gynecomastia. When the gynecomastia is corrected the nipples generally shrink down as well.  You should be evaluated by a plastic surgeon for this condition and to review treatment options.

Male Puffy Nipple Correction

+1

Whether you have puffy nipples or puffy areolae, both can be corrected in a small procedure under local anesthesia.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Gynecomastia.php

Male nipples can be reduced without gynecomastia surgery.

+1

Hi.

Actually your problem is fairly common, and easy to correct under local anesthesia.  The nipples are made both less tall and less fat with minimal scarring.

Minor Male Chest Issues

+1

Thank you for the question.  If the nipple/areola is the problem then directed excision is helpful or an in office local liposuction could be beneficial.  The first step would be to have a consult and exam with a BC PS.

Dr. ES

Minimal surgery for male puffy nipples

+1
If your only manifestation of gynecomatia is puffy nipples, you don't need the full surgery. Puffy male nipple can be fixed by minimal local surgery. Direct excision, through the nipple is very effective. Local anesthesia is the norm. Scars are minimal. It usually involves removing gland just behind the nipple. See photos of similar cases so you know that you and your surgeon are on the same page.

Web reference: Http://wwwdkhoffmanmd.com

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Scarless gynecomastia

+1
check in your area and see if anyone offers this procedure. It's all done through a tiny nick in the armpit and we use a specialized instrument to grind up and liquify the gland and then suction it out through that same small hole
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Areolar Gynecomastia Reduction Surgery

+1

The most effective therapy is going to be a limited areolar reduction to remove the puffiness that lies right underneath it. This limited open gynecomastia surgery can be done under local anesthesia and is very effective at flattening the protruding nipple.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/gynecomastia.html

Limited gynecomastia surgery

+1

A photo would be helpful here but it sounds like an areolar incision, lifting the areola up and planing down the excess might work.  If it is soft enough, liposuction could also be considered.

Gynecomastia Surgery Options

+1

Thanks for posting the question.  It would be helpful to provide pictures to provide more information, but there are certainly cases where just excising the excess breast tissues in the area beneath the nipples can be very effective.  This can be done as an awake office procedure in a number of cases.  Best wishes!

Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.