Do I Have Male Pattern Baldness? (photo)

Hair loss in Santa Monica

+1

The density of hair is reduced in men as they age. The pattern of hair loss varies between men, and the severity is graded on a scale. An examination will help determine treatments for your hair.

Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Male Pattern hair loss

+1

Male pattern hair loss is a common problem & generally its pattern is bi temporal recession & crown area thinning.

Although its presentation is variable, but typically males with this problem start losing hair from their frontal sides & then crown area.

There is miniaturization which means hair starts becoming smaller in size & length too.

Anyway, I will suggest you to visit your nearby dermatologist for proper assesment & better management.

M. Khawar Nazir, MBBS, MS(Derm)
Pakistan Dermatologist

Male baldness

+1

Without knowing more information it is impossible for any physician to confirm with 100 % certainty that you have male pattern balding. 

The most likely answer is that you do - yes. 

It might come as a surprise, but I can show you photos of 20 other hair loss problems that look absolutely identical to male balding.  So, it's important to consult with a hair specialist if you want to be certain of the cause of your hair loss. 

Jeff Donovan, MD, PhD
Toronto Dermatologist