Should Male Patients Take Hormones Before Breast Implants?

I'm 40, male, looking into Breast implants and cost. Where do I start? Should I be on hormones first to get breasts to develop first?

Breast Implants in Males

+2
The best place to start is to discuss this with your family practice doctor or internist. Most plastic surgeons who do this procedure would want to see that there is some dedication and thought given to the whole process at hand. Therefore, seeing an endocrinologist and perhaps a psychiatrist would also be recommended.
Most patients are on hormone therapy when they present for surgery.
Good luck. Hope that helps

Male Breast Implants

+1

Having trained in Plastic Surgery in San Francisco, we obtained a solid experience with transgendered patients.  Currently our policy is to wait to consider doing the breast implants until after the gender reassignment surgery is complete.  This seems to have worked out best for all involved.

Jeffrey Roth, MD