Male Mastopexy (Front and Lateral) After Gynecomastia (Lipo Only)

I am a 25 year old male and recently had gynecomastia (lipo only/also had tummy tuck). left with a lot of loose saggy skin... My main area of concern is in the lateral chest area. When I lift the skin in the lateral portion into my armpit area it yields a contour that is much closer to what I am looking for. I am also interested in a male mastopexy (internal short scar) procedure in the front portion. Can anyone tell me more about these surgeries (i.e scars, cost, recovery time, etc)?

Male Mastopexy

+2

Gynecomastia surgery can involve a combination of liposuciton (like you had) and also cutting away the extra skin (mastopexy) which you are seeking.  Without seeing before and after pictures, it is impossible to give you specific advice on which procedures or incisions would be appropirate for you.  While shorter scar techniques are always desired, if you too much excess skin, then you may need a longer incision.  It would be a shame to comprimise the final result by constraining yourself to a shorter incision if that is not appropirate for your anatomy.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Male chest lift

+2

If you have a lot of weight loss then often the chest can be a problem especially with loos skin att he chest fold extending toward the lateral chest.  Improvment in laxity can be accomplished provided that you are accepting of incisions to remove the excess skin.  Without an exam it is hard to say.

Gynecomastia Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question. Congratulations on your implied weight loss.

Based on your description you will  probably benefit from “male reduction surgery” as well as upper body lifting.

Similar to a breast lift done for women,  the operation you are considering involves a trade-off of scars.  The obvious benefit is the removal of “excess” loose skin and an improved contour. Direct physical examination will be necessary to guide you more precisely.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_gynecomastia.htm

Gynecomastia and lateral chest reduction

+1

You should look into a Passot reduction - this involves a scar around the areola (the dark part around the nipple) and one along the bottom of your chest (where your pectoralis muscle inserts).  A lot of excess skin can be removed and these scars heal well.  To remove the lateral chest wall skin, an incision has to be made along the side of your chest.  This will allow the skin to lay flat on your chest wall.  Good luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Excess skin following liposuction of gynaecomastia

+1

This is often a problem after liposuction. It does not remove the skin and relies on the elastic recoil to give a good contour.  It is often worth doing liposuction in the first instance because the skin often does recoil and there is significantly less scarring.  However, if there is too much skin, or in older patients and smokers, the recoil may not be sufficient and so a second stage procedure may be needed.

May preferred method of tackling this is with a circumareolar skin reduction, which leaves a scar around the nipple, which is puckered to start with and then should settle.

Your best bet is to go back to your original surgeon as he or she may be in the best place to advise you.  In any case you should give it a good few months to see if the skin is going to recoil on its own.  If you smoke, stop.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon